A CCCS certified counselor can help develop an individualized budget for paying off bills and planning future purchases. Our counselors understand and respect your desire for confidentiality. If the problem is severe, CCCS can establish and administer a Debt Management Plan. In this program, we enlist the cooperation of as many creditors as possible to reschedule debt payments and lower interest rates. You make a monthly payment to us and we, in turn, will disburse the payments out to your creditors. This plan is a positive alternative to bankruptcy.
Our fees are very reasonable. We have an initial set-up fee of $25.00 and a monthly fee which is on a tiered scale from $10.00 to $50.00. For example, if your monthly payment is $200.00, your monthly fee would be $15.00.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service is nonprofit and dedicated in helping solve debt repayment problems, avoiding bankruptcy, and restoring self-esteem. CCCS is an accredited counseling service that provides service in many ways:
- FREE INITIAL FINANCIAL COUNSELING
- DEBT MANAGEMENT PLANS AT AFFORDABLE FEES
- BANKRUPTCY PRE-FILING COUNSELING & POST-INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE
- FINANCIAL EDUCATION
- FREE DELINQUENT MORTGAGE COUNSELING
- FREE VITA SITE INCOME TAX PREPARATION & E-FILING (Federal & State)
- CREDIT REPORT REVIEW
- Free with available credit report
- $20 with requested Experian report
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northern Idaho, Inc. provides free financial counseling, affordable education programs and free community service classes to residents in Idaho and Eastern Washington. We have an office located in Lewiston, Idaho for face-to-face appointments, or we offer appointments via phone or email.
Debt Management Calendar
- Disbursements to your creditors are made on the 6th, 15th and 25th of each month, or the closest weekday to those dates.
- Your payments to CCCS are due on the 1st, 10th or 20th of each month. Talk to your counselor about the option to make bi-monthly payments, auto-debit payments and/or on-line banking payments.
Holiday Office Closures: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Thurs/Fri, Christmas Day.
Bills getting you down? Are you afraid to answer your phone? Let CCCS help you.
We have provided many people that second chance they have been looking for.